Thursday, December 15, 2005

End of Semester

what a wonderful day. I finished my final final at 1030 am today!!! I am now awaiting my final grades.....I will know tomorrow about my two nursing classes, but I will not know my final micro grade until I receive the report card. It ws so wonderful today to not have to sit all day long reading and studying. I actually cleaned the apartment (my absolutely fabulous husband even helped (: ) , and I practiced for a little over two hours! I haven't done that in ages!!! Well, because I didn't have time to do anything for the past 16 weeks except study.
Having company at the apartment is fun, I actually enjoyed entertaining, also again probably because I actually could without constantly thinking that I should be studying or reading or doing something school related.

my current agenda for practicing is....
Saint Saens- Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso (for a second time...but it is fun)
Mozart- Concerto in G major (for the 4th time-because in the simplicity it can be difficult)
and Bach- Partita in E major-Prelude (for the 3rd time-good piece with lots of string crossings (: )
(of course there are the scales, etudes, arrpeggios, etc, but didn't feel like they would be interesting to list)
I'm working on pieces that I have played in the past currently so I can brush up on playing, and since I already know how it should feel when playing these piecse, hopefully it will help me to get back into violin shape quicker, rather than starting off with totally new pieces.

I am looking forward to playing in Beauty and the Beast, though it's such a bother to not be able to see the stage from the pit, especially during loooong dialogue sections....especially by the time you are sitting at having performed the musical for the seventh time and are getting tired of sitting and being quiet and staring at the bottom of the music stands swallowed in a sea of stand light cords.

I am amazed at how young high school kids seem, they just get younger and younger every year...the flirtatiousness among the boys and girls is disturbing. If only they knew how insignificant the vast majority of relationships are at 14-15 years old....

well...I felt like writing more, however I just became tired....goodnight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Hope all is going well! Was just laughing at that comment about high school kids at Muse...SO true!!! lol